Calling all members: It’s Annual Meeting time and your chance to be in the know. You can review the Credit Union’s progress and achievements over the past year. You’ll also be able to find out what’s planned for the future success of the Credit Union.
Mark your calendar now for Thursday, April 7, 2016. That is the date of your Credit Union’s 62nd Annual Membership Meeting. The meeting will be held at the Corporate Headquarters Building of the Alabama Power Company in Birmingham. The meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. and will be held in the first floor auditorium. Free, secure parking will be available for members in the parking deck. Please enter the deck on the Sixth Avenue North side and use the second level or above.
The Nominating Committee has met and is using this newsletter to place and distribute its list of nominees before the membership. The Committee’s nominees are:
Board of Directors
(All 3 year terms)
- Melinda Lopez – Employed by the City of Hoover for 18 years. Her current position is Budget and Financial Manager. Ms. Lopez has served as an official of the Credit Union for 11 years.
- Greg Shipp – Employed by Alabama Power Company for 37 years. His current position is Delivery-Distribution Engineer. Mr. Shipp has served as an official of the Credit Union for 15 years.
- Mark Wilkinson – Employed by Alabama Power Company for 41 years. His current position is Internal Controls Manager. Mr. Wilkinson has served as an official of the Credit Union for 31 years.
(All 3 year terms)
- Jim Moore – Now retired, he was employed by Alabama Power Company for 41 years. Mr. Moore has served 7 years as a Credit Union official.
- Vicki Page – Employed by Alabama Power Company for 20 years. Her current position is Senior Accountant.
- Joe Shannon – Employed by Alabama Power Company for 39 years. His current position is Contract Analyst. Mr. Shannon has served as an official of the Credit Union for 14 years.
(3 year terms)
- Ann Wilkinson – Employed by Alabama Power Company for 38 years. Her current position is Accountant. Ms. Wilkinson has served 31 years as a Credit Union official.
The Nominating Committee will accept additional nominees for each vacancy on the Board of Directors, Credit Committee, and Supervisory Committee from the membership until February 15, 2016. At that time, nominations will be closed. Any person nominated by the membership must present a written nomination signed by at least 500 members to:
Chairman of the Nominating Committee
750 17th Street North
Birmingham, AL 35203
Everyone is invited to attend and participate in the Annual Meeting. The event is a great time for the members to come together. You are encouraged to come and meet the people who care for your finances behind the scenes, and learn about the Credit Union’s plans for 2016 and the coming years.
As in past years, a small gift will be given to those members in attendance and there will be a drawing for door prizes. Your Credit Union had an excellent year in 2015 and we hope you have a chance to attend and hear the reports. We appreciate your support of the Credit Union and we look forward to seeing you there.